Software Engineer - Data
What’s going on?
Data is at the heart of what we do. It provides valuable insights into the effectiveness of our decisions and products, and it helps us improve our services. As a data engineer, You will have the time, resources and focused teammates to improve data pipelines, make data easier to use for product teams, and help the business become data-driven. Join our team if you're good at programming, you're interested in designing systems, and you like working with big data tools.
What makes you a Data Engineer at Balad?
Our team would be delighted to have someone who is tenacious, experienced in software engineering, capable of designing, building, and delivering high quality solutions in line with best practices, quick to learn, and willing to explore new tools and technologies.
We need senior engineers that are detail-oriented, self-directed, and willing to identify the most important problems to work on, with a desire to get the system running efficiently. They also need to realize that priorities change, so they are not afraid to alter their plans when necessary.
What are you going to do as a Data Engineer at Balad?
In Balad as a data engineer, You’re going to design and improve the data pipeline. your concern is going to be how complex it is to use data in production or how we can play with data easily. you'll make sure data quality is high. you will drive the product to use Machine Learning in production. You’re going to use HDFS, S3, Yarn, Flink, Spark, ETL, Kubernetes , Docker, etc. You are going to expand the tool set.
Don’t worry if you are not familiar with some of these terms. We’ve got plans for you. We care about your career path , your self-development , and your comfort more than you’ve ever imagined.
In your first year, what should you expect?
First month: You get to know people, teams, products, and technologies we use. You start working with your team and if you are not familiar with our tools, you will quickly catch up with your own effort and your team’s help. You spend a lot of time learning about new things and we expect you to get some small things done.
Next 2 months: You get a good understanding about the ways our company and team work. Due to your experience, you can easily work with our technology stack and tools. You pick challenging tasks. We will not tell you what to do, you are sharp and experienced enough to make the decision. We provide you with what you need to do best.
Next 9 months: You have vast and deep knowledge about tools, technologies, frameworks, etc. It is time for you to own some systems you work on as you have enough knowledge and experience. You have the ability to find out mistakes in all aspects of the system you work on. We rely on your skills and you have to tell us what to do.
- BS or MS degree in a related technical field or equivalent experience, surprise us!
- Experience in software engineering and best practices across the development life-cycle.
- Proficiency with Java, Scala, Python or Go.
- Knowledge of data storage, retrieval and management principles.
- Experience working with (non-)relational databases and (No)SQL (is a plus) .
- Experience working with homogeneous and heterogeneous data (is a plus) .
- Experience in designing and building scalable real-time and batch processing data pipelines and systems.
- Broad knowledge of data frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Druid, Presto, Flink, etc (is a plus) .
- You are passionate about creating clean code and adheres to the coding best practices.
- Ability to communicate efficiently and work independently with little supervision in team.
- Flexible working hours
- Stock options
- Talented colleagues and interesting work environment
- Supplementary health insurance
- Interesting on-site entertainment
- Generous loans to employees