With more than 7 million active users, Balad is the leading maps and navigation platform in Iran. Faced with unique challenges, our software engineers are constantly learning and applying cutting-edge technologies to answer the daily needs of our users. Working with top industry leaders in a talented, agile, high-performing and autonomous team environment, and developing meaningful solutions to first-hand problems of our users are some of the best aspects of working at Balad.
Software engineers at Balad will:
- Design, develop and deploy software services with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Maintain microservices with cutting-edge tools like Kubernetes and Docker, Prometheus, GitLab CI/CD, etc.
- Participate in agile practices such as agile meetings, iteration planning, code reviews, retrospectives, writing test-cases, etc.
- Work closely with the product team and other technical teams as internal clients.
- Work in an environment that supports their individual growth.
- Competent in algorithms and problem solving.
- Proficient in at least one programming language and open to learning Golang, Python or Kotlin.
- Familiarity with object-oriented, modular design and software architecture.
- Experienced in Linux/Unix systems.
- Experienced in using Git as a revision control system.
- Able to communicate clearly and raise issues with other team members.
- In case of not having sufficient relevant prior work experience, achievements in RoboCup, ACM or Olympiad is a plus.
- Familiarity with GIS is a plus.
- High-performing, passionate, talent-dense work environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- Stock options for all employees.
- Budget for team building and educational activities for each employee.
- Supplementary health insurance.
- Loans for employees.
- Various on-site entertainments.